Friday, April 29, 2011

Saying goodbye

Tomorrow is the day we say goodbye to our dear friend at her memorial service. It's been a few weeks since her death and the service, so the grief has become easier. However, as her service comes near, a new wave a feelings hits. And honestly, I've never been to a service for a person so close to age to me. There will be a variety of people at the service done at the institution she worked for.

I miss my friend. I'll always miss my friend. But I know that these feelings can't compare with what her son and partner are going through. I was at the store, not one I wanted to go for this occasion, wanting to pick out a gift for her child. I want to buy a stuffed animal, but what's right and appropriate? How is he feeling? What does he comprehend about this? How will he feel when he's 10 years older?

We also hear the notion parents are not supposed to die before their children. But parents shouldn't die before their children don't need them. Dear child, you are in my heart and thoughts. When I hug my children at night, I am extending this to you. Please know how wonderful your mom was and how much she loved you. You were the world to her. Nothing will replace loosing her, but please know you were the light of her life and from her place above us, she is caring for your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment