Tuesday, October 1, 2013

And time moves forward... and we move far away

I forgot I started this blog! And that is great as I don't have to start a new one, because oh my, there is so much to write about. Why am I writing again? Well, for a few reasons.
1) I'm out of practice. I need to spend time writing. To discuss ideas. To think. 
2) I do this because I finally landed a tenure track position! And I need to publish. And to publish, you need to write and edit. And writing takes practice. And being in a MSW program didn't leave much room for writing for publication or writing beyond case notes and presentations.
3) I'm in culture shock. This Mid-Western woman has moved from the Midwest to the Deep South. And not just the Deep South, but from a metro area in the Midwest to a small town in the Deep South. And I'm very liberal and this place is not.
4) And I'm still that verbal person who thinks too much in her own head. All my imaginary followers here will think I am funny and sympathize with my experiences.

Adventures to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment